Categories
OTTOSAF

Spool for filament refill

If you ever wondered if you can print your own printing filament spool, yes you can. Be sure to use a 1mm nozzle, for a speedy draft print.

This one is designed as two parts, where one slots into the other.

Categories
OTTOSAF

Goose Neck grips

This is a remix of an item that I found on thingiverse.com . After seeing how it works, I intended to design my own ball and socket from scratch. But you know what? The downloaded design is good enough, and a great time saver. So I just ran with it, and kept making more bits that connect together.

Categories
OTTOSAF

Flash grid

A flash grid is a simple light modifier that limits the direction of the light. The effect that it produces is similar to a snoot modifier and a vignette filter.

Categories
OTTOSAF

V slot bracket for Ender

I’ve been trying to attach cameras and other things onto my Ender 3d printer, in a reasonably legit looking way.

Categories
OTTOSAF

Hex bit holders

The problem that I had was an ever growing collection of screwdriver bits. The solution was to design a simple array to hold them all together.

Categories
OTTOSAF

A case for Dresdens

Dresden eyewear is one of my favourite solutions. The gist is that they come in a choice of colours in one standard shape, are relatively affordable to everyone, and look cool.

As I currently have three colours, one to wear and two alternatives, I need two protective cases that will keep them safe from getting crushed in a travel bag.

Here is version 1. The design is measured to fit Medium size frames, features an asymmetric honeycomb cutout, and is printed in transparent PLA.

You can download the zip file. It has the design Blender file and STL files (solid and honeycomb versions).

Categories
OTTOSAF

Honeycomb shelf

Custom shelves are excellent because they are a perfect fit for what they were designed to hold.

Categories
OTTOSAF

Phone stand v2

This phone stand design started in 2019. The early version looked like an extrusion that may have been cut into lengths. Now in 2022, I noticed that there was a slight problem with printing this item consistently with an assortment of materials — at this point I was interesting in producing multiple colours. The issue was that the corners of the first layer needed to be trimmed with a knife, which is not great. The solution was to add a bevel and print with a brim. The current version looks better and does not need any manual finishing. I think that it’s ready to share.